Friday, April 23, 2010

David's Song of Thanks becomes Mine

I give thanks to You my LORD, call upon Your name. I make known Your deeds among the peoples!

I sing to You, sing praises to You. I tell of all Your wondrous works.

Glory in Your holy name. The heart of mine who seek You my LORD rejoice!

I seek You my LORD and Your strength. I seek Your presence continually!

I remember the wondrous works of delivering me that You my LORD have done, Your miracles of pronouncing the so-called seditious case void, and the judgments on the puppets of ruling forces You uttered.

O me Allen, an offspring of Israel Your servant, son of Jacob, Your chosen one!

You are the LORD my God. Your judgments are in all the earth.

I remember Your covenant of salvation forever, the word that You commanded, for a thousand generations,

the covenant that You the LORD made with Abraham, Your sworn promise to Isaac,

which You the LORD confirmed as a statute to Jacob, as an everlasting covenant to Israel,

saying, “To you, Allen, I will give the land of Canaan, as your portion for an inheritance.”

When Christians, including me, were few in number, and of little account, and sojourners in it,

wandering from nation to nation, from one kingdom to another people,

You allowed no one to oppress us. You rebuked kings, prime ministers, presidents on their account,

saying, “Touch not my anointed ones, do my prophets, pastors, ministers no harm!”

All the earth and I sing to You the LORD. I tell of Your salvation from day to day.

I declare Your glory among the nations, Your marvelous works among all the peoples!

For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, and You the LORD are to be held in awe above all gods.

For all the gods of the peoples are idols, but You the LORD made the heavens.

Splendor and majesty are before You the LORD; strength and joy are in Your place.

I ascribe to You my LORD, ascribe to You my LORD glory and strength!

I ascribe to You my LORD the glory due Your name; bring an offering and come before You my LORD! I worship You my LORD in the splendor of holiness.

All the earth and I shall tremble before You the LORD, yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved.

Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice, and let them say among the nations, and say among Malaysian authorities, “The LORD reigns!”

Let the sea roar, and all that fills it; let the field exult, and everything in it!

Then shall the trees of the forest sing for joy before You the LORD, for You the LORD comes to judge the earth.

Oh all the earth and I give thanks to You the LORD, for You the LORD are good; for Your steadfast love endures forever!

All the earth and I say also: “Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather and deliver us from among the nations, that we may give thanks to Your holy name, and glory in Your praise.

Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, and the God of Malaysia from everlasting to everlasting!”

And all the people in Malaysia and in all over the world shall say, “Amen!” and praise You the LORD.

Source:
1 Chronicles 16: 8-36

No comments:

Post a Comment