Today at Andrew Wong's monthly gathering at his house in Kota Kemuning, I was privileged to meet Elder Goh Keat Peng.
I heard of him and read his blog, but today was the first time I met this man of God. He put in lots of effort to fight for a better Malaysia. We are on the same boat. Let us continue to cause a 2-Party System establish in our country. The next General Elections will be very crucial for the fate of Malaysia. Therefore, let us begin to pray diligently.
1. God, Your plans are firm, faithful and forever. The purposes of Your heart prevail through all the generations. Let Your mighty, perfect will bring about a better Malaysia. (Psalm 33:11)
2. Lord, bring righteous people who fear You to be elected. Establish godly leaders who glorify You as they lead, and let their tenure be as welcome as the light of morning at sunrise and like the brightness after rain that brings green grass to the earth. (2 Samuel 23:3)
3. Lord, grant that wicked and evil influences will be weak and impotent in their efforts at bringing down the candidates for election. Usher into authority those who are committed to leading with righteousness. (Proverbs 25:5)
4. Heavenly Father, You promised to bless us with rejoicing when righteous leaders are in charge. So we ask You for godly, good leaders who will bring joy to those they lead. Do not allow any wicked persons to gain public office, but only those who will honor You. (Proverbs 29:2)
5. Lord, You value so deeply the qualities of good judgment and discernment, but it is easy for us to lose sight of them. Guide all those who will vote a sense of discernment and sound judgment, and let that discernment in turn bring discerning leaders into office. (Proverbs 3:21)
6. Lord God, during election time it is easy to get wrapped up in the negative, in fault-finding, criticism and contentiousness. Cause our hearts to be sweet and pure, obediently acting as You want Your children to act, so no one can find fault. In this way, we can shine for you in our darkened world. (Philippians 2:14-15)
7. Mighty God, we look to You for protection and safe keeping, especially during the days leading up to the next General Elections. Keep the candidates, the public rallies and the media safe from every kind of harm, O Lord, and deliver us from any evil plots that have been arranged. Let no weapon that is formed against our nation or the leaders prosper. (Psalm 32:7, Isaiah 54:17)
8. Father God, You love truth and are displeased with lies. Grant a spirit of truthfulness in the elections, particularly on the part of all media. Grant a spirit of fairness and honesty in the reports created by all members of the media, and give discernment and wisdom to citizens as they seek information from the media. (Proverbs 12:22)
9. God, You are actively involved in every part of Your creation at every moment. Grant to all Malaysians a willingness to get involved in the upcoming General Elections, resisting complacency and passivity, especially for Christians to rise to intercede fervently. Let each one know the value of his or her vote, and let each one exercise their privilege with diligence and faith. (Amos 6:1)
4 years ago