Sunday, June 1, 2014

Teluk Intan By-election, Dyana lost to Mah by 238 votes

Victory in defeat


– Dyana Sofya Mohd Daud
DAP candidate for Teluk Intan
So near, yet so far. It has been a whirlwind campaign over the last two weeks, and although we may not have achieved our ultimate goal of winning this by-election, I don’t think anyone can deny that we have given our all against the might of the entireFederal government machinery.
Despite the negative and malicious campaigning, the people of Teluk Intan have shown their strong support for the ideas, struggles and principles that my party and Istand for.
Nonetheless, I congratulate Dato’ Mah Siew Keong on his victory.
I believe that this result is a great achievement for me personally, as well as a progressive step forward for the party. In spite of the tremendous odds stacked against us, we managed to knock down barriers previously thought impossible, and that is the real victory.
I accept the outcome positively, and vow to strengthen my resolve and continue fighting for the hopes and dreams of all Malaysians. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the party leadership for their unflinching support, the campaign team for their tireless commitment, and our volunteers who sacrificed so much time and energy.
I would also like to thank our coalition partners, including leaders from PAS and PKR who gave us their strongest support. In particular, I would also like to thank the local Teluk Intan PAS machinery, as well as the PAS Muslimat, for all their efforts and solidarity.
Finally, I would like to extend my deepest and most sincere appreciations to each and every voter of Teluk Intan. You have let me into your lives and I hereby tell you that I will continue what I have started.
This is not the end but merely the beginning. If there is one thing I have learned from the last two weeks, it is that there are thousands if not millions of Malaysians who also believe in the goal of “Malaysianising” Malaysia. And so, to each and every one of you out there, I promise that the day will come when we will all roar together for a new Malaysia. – May 31, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment